The Clay School offers two options for independent studio memberships:
Basic Membership will cost $150/mo
One shelf space for independent students is rented by the month and includes the following:
- a shelf of your own, 24″wide X 24″deep X 18″tall
- all your glaze and firing
- access to the space during studio hours, with the exception of closed classes (currently Thursday nights during teaching sessions)
- If you need clay, you may purchase it through the studio and are limited to 75 pounds per month. 25 pound bags are available for the following cost: $25/bag new clay, $15/bag recycled clay.
- Our golden rule is no outside clay or glazes. We use Laguna #55, a white stoneware.
- If you are a new renter, you MUST contact us before subscribing.
- Billing date is based on your activation date. Your payment is due at the time of registration (link below), which is also the start date for your shelf rental. (example: Oct. 14) The rental period ends the same day of the following month (example: Nov. 14).
- Your subscription will be automatically renewed and payment deducted from your account each month. You can deactivate your subscription through PayPal at anytime. If you deactivate after your renewed month (example: Nov. 15), you WILL BE CHARGED for the month.
- A $20 service fee will be charged if (1) you do not cancel your subscription by your month end date, AND/OR (2) you do not clean off your shelf by your month end date when canceling your subscription.
- Absolutely no outside clay, glazes, plaster or wax.
- Shelf rental cannot be shared.
- A form will be placed on your shelf at the beginning of your rental and must be signed, agreeing to these terms.
Co-Op Membership will cost $200/mo
The next level of membership at The Clay School provides the following in addition to or in place of the Basic Membership description listed to the left:
- 24 hour access
- additional cone 6 clay bodies
- no clay quantity limit
- more shelf space
- liberty to mix your own cone 6 glazes.
- group kiln firings
- exclusive access of two private co-op rooms in addition to shared studio space
Please contact our studio manager before subscribing to the link below.